-
AN INSPIRATIONAL MOMENT...WE ALL NEED 'EM

~

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
-Theodore Roosevelt-



Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saying goodbye to ABQ and our dearest friends.

Well, as many of you know and many of you who may not know, we have packed up and left our home and our adventure in Albuquerque New Mexico. We had planned on living there for a long time. We knew we had purpose in being there, we were really getting settled into our new home, and we had started putting down some roots with Easton being born. There just was no reason to leave. We had the most incredible ward filled with amazing people. We felt so blessed to be there. That ward and the people there were a MAJOR factor in us getting sealed in the Temple there.
One day in early September I realized that I had been thinking about living in Utah again, with Easton, meaning I was thinking into the future. "What? I dont want to move back to Utah." So I told Caitlin what I had been thinking about, and it blew me away when she said that she had been thinking about the same thing! So we really put these thoughts to prayer and after a lot of that and some trips to the Temple to find out if this meant something we both got an answer, and our answers were the same. "Your done here. You dont have purpose here anymore." At this point we just didnt know what to do. We didnt receive anything about moving back to Utah or staying in New Mexico. Only that we didnt have purpose here. What do we do? I guess we have reached the point that the Lord leaves up to us sometimes. What to do? Now it came down to us deciding where would be the best place for work opportunities. Obviously Utah wins that one. Now to Easton. I really thought it would be cool to raise him outside of Utah but there wouldnt be any family there. So family won that one too. "Well, Lets go back to Utah....???" Why you ask? I dont know why. We have been here for 2 weeks and I still dont know. Then again we didnt know why we REALLY moved to NM for about 6 months.
As the clock began ticking for our move we needed to get in as much time as possible with the people that we consider our Albuquerque Family. So we burned the candle at both ends man! 2 weeks craziness and we never did get to do everything we wanted with all the people we wanted. Unfortunately we only got pictures with some of our friends before we left. 
The Terrys were so fun. We became so close to them and their kids. Their 8 year old daughter Bella loved to climb all over me like a jungle gym. We had so many fun little tricks we did. Here she would sit on my legs and I would launch her up into a handstand and back down again.
This is another family that we loved and became close to the kids. The Trapnells. Back in May we stayed with their kids while their parents went rafting. We had so many good times with them. And their newest boy Erik is only 2 weeks younger than Easton so Caitlin and Julie got to go through their pregnancy together.
Their 5 year old, Parker, who is holding the magazine, and 6 year old, Cole, sitting on my knee, loved to look at my "hunting mazagine." Check the spelling on magazine. They said mazagine. It was so dang cute. I gave them a couple old ones and they would come up to me at church and say "Brother Terry. Thanks for the hunting mazagine."

Ah the McEntires. What a fun family. We spent so many nights staying up late playing Settlers of Cattan with Scott and Amber. And their kids are a blast. One time we were eating diner at their house in the backyard. Out of nowhere Kade, who is 4, came out and said in this taunting voice,"Zaaaaach, come and get me." Then ran back inside. He loved to get chased.
We had so many friends that we just didnt get a chance to see in the limited amount of time we had. Thanks to all of you who were our friends and shared your families with us. You all know who you are. We love every one of you and cant wait to see you again.

8 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Well that's pretty awesome you guys were able to listen to the spirit so closely. Good luck with your new change in Utah! Be grateful for the awesome bubble.

Mike & Melissa said...

YAY! I'm excited (and completely surprised) you guys are moving back!

McEntire Family said...

OK - that post killed me! I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face - we miss you guys a lot! We love the last crazy two weeks with you guys and all the other late night fun we had. We'll never be able to replace such fun gaming partners.

McEntire Family said...

P.S. Kade is only 4. :)

Aim Aug said...

Can I be happy you are moving back? Wahoo!

The Browns said...

We are so sad that we did not get to say goodbye. We miss you guys already. Please let us know if you are ever in town and know that you have a place you stay. Best of luck in Utah!

Candee Robinson said...

Yeah! I am so glad you are moving back and I bet your folks are ecstatic. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

The Clark Family said...

Didn't realize you guys had moved back to Utah, give us an updated address when you have one! Following your gut is never wrong, you will find purpose in UT!!