-
AN INSPIRATIONAL MOMENT...WE ALL NEED 'EM

~

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
-Theodore Roosevelt-



Monday, August 23, 2010

The most proud daddy...

My little champ. Today has been so great. Even though we have been at the hospital all day long and it has been quite boring, I have been totally taken by this little boy. By the way, he weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long.
I had the most amazing experience, I got to deliver Easton. The midwife helped his head crown to about his nose at which point she said "ok Dad, catch his head. Now pull." And out came my baby boy into my hands. It was incredible. Like Evil Kinevel jumping the Grand Canyon (haha) I was in awe. I just couldnt believe it. My son, this thing that I helped create, was now here, breathing and crying. Im still wrapping my head around this whole thing but Im loving it. I took Easton over to see the Hospital Dr. and we had to wait for the Dr. for a bit. So in the meantime me and my buddy just hung out. He was wide awake and looking at me while I talked to him. I even think I saw a smile. I cant wait to take him home and begin our lives together. Here are some more cute little pictures of him.


Sleeping in Daddy's arms
These was Easton's first night so we thought we would put him in some jammies. I think that judging by how content he was in this position, he is going to be a kid who loves to just kick back and hang out. I love it.

Mommy and her cute little son

Our new little family. Im such a proud Dad!


5 comments:

McEntire Family said...

Zach you are awesome! What a sweet post about one of the most important events in your life. Welcome Home Easton! Caitlin - you look great!

Laura said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so beautiful! The birth of a child is like nothing else and is one of the sweetest moments you will ever have. Caitlin get ready for some emotional next few weeks! :) I would just look at Riley or hear a cute song and bawl my eyes out because my heart was so full! Ha ha! Congrats you two!! I can't wait for more pictures!

Sharee Gariety said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations, you guys! I started to cry looking at the pictures of your new little miracle. Isn't it just one of the coolest moments of your life? Can't wait to meet that little Easton. He looks very perfect. Maybe he and Sydney can get married someday. :) . . . Welcome to parenthood-- You guys will rock at it!

Julie Smith said...

Caitlin, how was it? I can't wait to hear the details.

Sarah said...

He is seriously the cutest thing! I can't wait to see him in person. Glad things went well for you!